I’m not going to say I’ve been dreaming of warm, sunny beaches and margaritas today, but it would be untrue to say I haven’t. My day involved far too many conversations about clowns. As I was trying not to completely lose it after repeating myself for the 5th time in a 5 minute time period, I may have started to smile as thoughts of sunshine, sand, and waves came over me. The kids thought I was laughing at them… Yeah… So there was that…
I’m not going to say my day was ideal but it wasn’t anywhere close to last Monday when I left.. at noon.. in tears. Those situations are finally being resolved after 9 long weeks of frustration.
In the mean time I’ve been delving into more podcasts and more positive messages. Some things are really coming to light and are challenging me to consider avenues and next steps. Challenges are scary! I feel like I am looking those hairy, scary goals in the face and I’m terrified. In the mean time I’m choosing to believe I deserve a life of my design. That life may include being on a beach drinking margaritas a few months of the year. 🙂
Here are a few of my favorite podcasts:
1) The Chalene Show- Great tips on life, confidence, and how to live to your fullest each day. This is my favorite podcast of all of them. She’s witty, I love her workouts, and she’s real. She has made her living being relatable. I feel like she is my older sister or my childhood next door neighbor who I always wanted to be like as I was growing up. Know what I’m saying? She just knows how to put things into perspective and motivate you to do better.
2) Being Boss- A Podcast for Creative Entrepreneurs– I stumbled upon this one just last week when looking for a guest interview they did with Whole30 author Melissa Hartwig. Since then I’ve listened to 7 more episodes. This one is great for those looking to or who have started their own creative business. Love the tips and guest they have on. They’re funny and down to earth.
3) The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe- Need some a good story? These are all short, 10-15 minute stories told by your favorite hard working dirty guy, Mike Rowe. He has a great voice and it’s a nice escape from reality.
4) Kristi Lee Uninterrupted- Do I need to say more? Part of the Bob & Tom show for years, Kristi integrates snippets of news along with fun guests and her signature humor. This is a staple on my feed. Who doesn’t love a little Bob Zany every now and again? Laughter ensues with this one.
5) Forbes Audio- This is my new favorite! Quick, helpful tips from writing effective emails, to investment strategies. These are life tips for everyone, not just those in the corporate world. I shared this one with my youngest son who has soaked up the lessons like a sponge.
6) Joyce Meyer Enjoying Everyday Life Radio- Joyce is one of my favorite teachers. She is so relatable and humble. Her teachings make me feel at ease and like I’m not alone in the crazy rat race of life. It’s the best 15 minutes of my morning and really helps me set a good tone for the day.
What podcasts do you listen to? Do share!